½ Pint Poetics is a literacy project developed for elementary school students ages 8-14. HPP consists of writing & performance workshops, service projects, PDs for educators and a two day culminating poetry slam. The ½ Pint Poetics two day poetry slam will be held May 7th &10th 2016 @ DePaul University Lincoln Park campus. If your schools would like to get involved in ½ Pint Poetics, you can register your team to compete in the two day poetry slam, and or plan a field trip/s to attend one of the many activities. For more info or to register your HPP team, contact Kiela email@example.com or call 773-891-6514.
How do I book a field trip for my class?
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Name of school & community you are located in
# of students attending
Names of chaperones & their contact info
What form of payment ($3 per student) Will you need an invoice?
Do you want to tour of the Depaul University campus?(priority to 7th & 8th graders)
2) Request a CPS purchase order # for entrance fee of $3 per student (payments made to Kuumba Lynx/CPS Vendor # 62669)
3) Book your transportation Drop off between 9:45am-10am and Pick up 12:15/ 1:15( if on campus tour)
4) Be sure to have this info on hand: Tuesday May 10th @10am -12pm @ 2250 Sheffield in the DePaul Student Center
5) Send a KL Media Waiver home along with your permission slips and turn into to KL prior to or day of event. DOnt forget to bring a lunch if you will be touring the campus.
How do i register a competing team?
Team Registration fee of $250 due by May 1st (maximum of 8 members & 2 adults)
Complete all HPP Waivers & Permission forms (below) sign & scan and email/ mail to kuumba Lynx 4501 North Clarendon 60640 2nd flr
submit competing poems (2) need to be submitted via email by May 5th 2016 ( A “WORD WARRIOR” will be honored with an award)
Review the Slam rules with all participants (attachment)
Bout order is drawn before the start of the bout. Teams captains draw either an A, B, C, or D. Bout order goes as follows:Round 1 – Team A, Team B, Team C, Team D Round 2 – Team B, Team C, Team D, Team A
For more information on Rules & Guidelines Click Here
For more information on registration Click Here
For more information on how to Book a Field Trip Click Here
Check out these links:
1/2 Pint Poetics competing teams
1/2 Pint Poetics project overview
To check out more videos from this year’s HPP Prelims Click Here
To check out more videos from this year’s HPP Finals Click Here